Sunday, May 5, 2013

On 3:14 PM by Rays of Light     1 comment
So, it’s been officially 1 week since I arrived in España. Days one and two were unexpected; I was surprised at how at peace I was saying “ see you soon” to my family, friends and essentially a life that would not be as I left it upon my return. Then Tuesday, after a fear jolting night of dreams and a morning of running around, it hit me. Nerves, for a short period invaded my peace and I was faced with the raw reality of this major life transition that was unfolding around me. I found myself gripping with one hand to the reality I left behind. The routine day to day of work, ministry, fun time with family and friends, driving my ford escape down 450 while “the undertone” blasted through the speakers- it all flashed before me. The other hand was held open to the new book, freshly being written here in Spain. All at once I was completely aware of what my new life was asking of me. I struggled in that moment with whether or not I have in my possession what it takes. The dreams from the night before left me in a very vulnerable state and to be completely honest I struggled with the fear of not being protected and not being equipped enough for the mission ahead. Early that afternoon I pushed myself to deal with these emotions, surrender them and bring them before God. He quickly took those anxieties and replaced them with the truth of not only who I am in him, but who He has prepared and called me to be. It was a great time of re-revelation. I learned that day 2 major things. 1: My vulnerability does not disqualify me. Confronting my vulnerabilities and understanding my insecurities will actually strengthen my ability to discern attacks and be better prepared.It also forces me to remember that I CAN NOT do this on my own and where I fall short God is magnified (2 corinthians 12:9) 2: Past victories should serve as reminders of His faithfulness and as testimonies. They should not however, EVER replace the daily revelation of who God is in my life.

This past week has ben amazing: My intro into the ministry to trafficked victims, meeting the college/ young adult ministry Brent and Jade are over, Signing the lease for my apartment for the next few months (which might I brag is conveniently located 2 small streets from the beach..and by beach I mean the Mediterranean sea), starting language school tomorrow and testing the train/metro system (aye yie yie), attending my first soccer game (the missionaries son is a GREAT soccer player), Meeting and spending time in great conversation with April Foster,founder of the "Breaking Chains Network (an anti trafficking organization in Belgium:http://www.breakingchainsnetwork.com/)…this sums up the basic components of my 1rst week. I am so thankful for the Incredible missionary family God has blessed me with. Incredible. My spirit dances in anticipation of what God is going to do in the next year and beyond. Please join me in prayer for a smooth transition; great start to ministry and fast language learning.

“If we have only what we have experienced, we have nothing; if we have the inspiration of the vision of God, we have more than we can experience”- Richard C. Halverson

1 comment :

  1. POWERFUL!!!! So inspired and absolutely encouraged by all you have shared!!! Fervently praying and so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete